Monday, February 4, 2008

I Want What You Have

The bones of the Healing Presence work have been forming for years before I even knew what they were. Last year the whole thing came together in a way that made me feel that there was enough information that had gelled into something tangible that I could start teaching it.

It was really hard.

I did put together a really great, smart, enthusiastic group of people. "Companions of Destiny" my friend Lori Palm would call them. They were great. They really challenged me and my information. I think they got something out of it; at least, I'm pretty sure they did. But the end result was that I realized how much more there was to do. I needed a break, but I wasn't letting this go. It was too important.

I was in a class this fall where one of the (very many) things we did over 3 days was sent intentions for the next 90 days. We worked on it, off and on, for all three days and I realized what an art there is to crafting a useful, effective intention for oneself. It's a distillation process which means reduction and concentration of ideas. I think the tendency is to build, add on to, and complicate our intentions as we attempt to make them more specific.

Anyway, my intention was to "embody the Healing Presence" at the end of 90 days. Not a traditional intention, I know. Not very specific, not customarily measurable. But it happened. How do I know? Well, partly I just knew. But I didn't know for sure that I knew until two brand-new clients showed up within 10 days of each other. After their first 2 appointments both of them said to me, "I want what you have. I want you to mentor me in how to be like you; how to have the kind of presence (yes, they said presence) you have."

These wonderful people are my gift. The one-on-one style, the conversational form of sharing this information has allowed me to develop a personal relationship with the material that is profound. I can, even more, embody this information. More importantly, I am distilling, clarifying the info so that it can be better shared with others.

No comments: