Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hang Ten


There I am at the checkout line at my local SuperTarget (which did NOT have everything I needed), finding my attempts at conversation with the surly checkout girl being rebuffed. Tucked in with the gum, People magazines, batteries, and other impulse items is, oddly enough, a new Eckhart Tolle book! It is apparently the the Oprah Book Club book. I flip it over to read the blurb on the back and it describes the book as being about "how transcending our ego-based state of consciousness is not only essential to personal happiness, but also the key to ending conflict and suffering throughout the world."

I tossed it onto the stack of light bulbs, apples, and the new hairdryer (replacing the one which caught fire this morning).

I am hoping I am catching the crest of this wave, not about to be swamped by it as "old news".

1 comment:

Jonathan Walton, the Muscle Engineer said...

A "spiritual healer" (or at least that is what I think she said she calls herself) in my building said that she is hoping that Oprah's coverage of this book would boost her business.