Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Written July 11 - Posted Today

It is 4:45 in the morning and my power is out. I’m drafting this in Word using my battery with the intention of posting it once my wireless goes back on with the power. I know that my blog has been uncomfortably silent of late. I feel like my life has been a bit out of control. My friend Carla the attorney astrologer says that it’s because Saturn is directly on my Sun, Venus and Pluto (which means it is also directly opposing my Moon – full moon baby you know). All I know is that I feel like I’m running really hard and not getting anywhere. She says I need to buckle down to the most necessary and yet unpleasant tasks. I’m not entirely sure when this is supposed to happen. Somehow, more than usual, there are not enough hours in my day lately.

Well I’ll be damned!!! I’m sitting here in my living room amongst the chaos (more on that) at 5 in the morning and I keep hearing this weird noise. Initially I think nothing of it, but after a bit it starts to creep me out. Do we have mice again? Crap. But, could it be? No way. But maybe…

It is. It’s our hermit crab. He went into molt months ago (early April maybe?) and never came out. I know molt can take a while, but we were pretty sure he was dead. It was just a matter of time until I faced cleaning out his cage and deciding what to do with his stuff (and his wee carcass). Yet here he is, clacking around his little glass cage. I immediately filled his food and water bowls. I’d hate to witness his resurrection only to have him die of dehydration.

There’s a lesson in here somewhere. But it’s now 5:07 am and I’m not sure what it is. I do know that I have to deal with my house. We started the long and involved process of painting our kitchen a couple of weeks ago and everything that was in there is now everywhere else. Gotta clear my house so I can clear my head.

1 comment:

Kitty Catnip said...

You are the hermit crab,
grashopper.