Thursday, May 22, 2008

Enso It Goes

The last couple of times I've gotten acupuncture I've had these wonderful experiences where as I'm lying there, I've created paintings in my head. Interestingly, they've all been based on the enso. An enso is basically a circle, drawn/painted with (usually) a single stroke. It is an expression of the moment. It's everything. It's nothing. Very Zen.

My acupuncturist tells me that some of my problems are expressions of frustrated creative energy and these paintings in my head are a good sign. If I don't make good use of this stuff, however, I'll keep having the same problems.

As such, I am going to pack a few of my (now severely depleted) art supplies to take with me on my TRIP to Arizona (the universe will provide, as it turns out) and I'll work on making some stuff. If I make anything worth sharing, I'll post it here on the Blog.

No comments: